Task Scheduler is software that is embedded in Windows 8 that serves to activate the function of certain applications periodically. For example in the case of hard disk defragment, you do not need to open the defragmentation tool to defrag hdd. With the Task Scheduler, the defrangmentation tool app will perform its function automatically, and it can be set, either once a week or once a month.
For some people Task Scheduler is a program that is rarely used. In this articel I will give tutorial how to use task scheduler, so we do not need to run application or program that we want during certain period. Task Scheduler will automatically run it.
How to use Task Scheduler Windows 8
1. Move the cursor on the right-bottom and select the search box and enter into the search box what you want.
2. In the search box you enter the Schedule Task under the Settings tab and click on the window that is shown.
3. In this step, you will see the "Task Scheduler" Window. You click on "Create Basic Task" from the right pane.
4. A Create Basic Task Wizard Window looks like this. In this Window, you enter the Name and Description about the task and click on "next" Button as shown below:
5. On clicking this Button, you will be asked when you want the task to start and you click on radio Button to start the task Daily or Weekly or Monthly or Onetime or when your Computer starts, dependng on your needs and click on Next Button.
6. In this step, you set the starting date and time of the task and also select the Recur Days and click on Next Button.
7. In this step, you can select Action to perform. You can click on radio Button for Start a Program or Send an Email or Display a Message what you want and click on the Next Button.
8. In this step, you can set a location of the programs by clicking on the browse Button and you can add arguments and start in. These two things are optional. After setting a location click on the Next Button.
9. This is a final step of the scheduling process. This is the Finished step. If you want to open the property dialogue for this task, then click on the Check Box "Open the Properties Dialog for the Task When I Click Finish" and click on the Finish Button.
10 In this step, you will see the properties dialog for the task.