How To Change My Windows Password
1. Click 'Start' and then 'Control Panel'.
2. Click on 'User Accounts and Family Safety'. Note: If you see 'Large icons' or 'Small icons' in the 'Control Panel', you will not see this link. Just click on 'User Account' icon and proceed to Step 4.
3. Click the 'User Accounts' link.
4. In the 'Make changes to your user account' area in the 'User Accounts' window, click on the 'Change your password' link.
5. In the first text box, enter your current password.
6. In the two boxes next to text, enter the password you want to start using. Entering a password twice helps to ensure that you have typed your new password correctly. Change the password.
7. In the final text box, you are prompted to enter 'Type a password hint'. This step is optional, but I highly recommend you use it. If you try to log in to Windows 7 but enter the wrong password, these instructions will show up, hopefully your memory is good if you do not use this.
8. Click the 'Change password' button to confirm your changes.
9. You can now close the 'User Accounts' window.
Now that Windows 7 password has been changed, you must use your new password to log on to Windows 7 from now on.