Encrypt Hard Drive Windows 7 Tutorial
To Encrypt Hard Drive Windows 7 we will use the BitLocker feature, this is actually not difficult. Here I provide steps to activate BitLocker.
1. First, open Windows Explorer. Then right click on the drive to be encrypted, then Click Turn on BitLocker.
2. Check the Use a password to unlock the drive option, then type the password you want. If it is then click Next.
3. Click Save the recovery key to a file to save the recovery password on your computer.
4. Save the recovery key to where you feel safe. Recovery key serves as Recovery / recovery if you forget the password when you want to open a drive that is encrypted by BitLocker.
If a warning appears click Yes.
5. Click Start Encrypting to start the encryption process on the drive.
6. Wait until the encryption process is completed 100%. This process will take a little longer, depending on the number of files on the drive to be encrypted and the speed of the processor on your computer.
7. When the encryption process is complete, then Restart your computer. Then you will see a drive icon that has been encrypted there is a key image.
8. If the drive is opened a dialog box will appear for BitLocker password, enter the password you previously created to open the drive, then click Unlock.
De Encrypt Hard Drive Windows 7
If you want to decrypt / disable the lock on the drive that is encrypted by BitLocker.
1. Open the Control panel, in View by select Small icons. Then select BitLocker Drive Encryption.
2. Click Turn Off BitLocker on a drive that has been encrypted by BitLocker.
3. Then click Decrypt Drive.
There's more features similar to BitLocker Drive Encryption feature that is BitLocker To Go. However, the feature BitLocker To Go serves to encrypt / lock USB Flashdisk so that your files will be more secure from virus attacks. For how to use BitLocker To Go this, I did not discuss. Because the steps are the same as above.